Darrelle Revis: I’m in the ‘best shape of my career’
|07.25.14 at 5:35 pm ET|
FOXBORO — In his first meeting with the media this summer, Darrelle Revis pronounced himself to be in the “best shape of my career.”
Talking with reporters shortly after the end of Friday’s practice session, the Patriots cornerback said that even after coming back from a devastating knee injury that sidelined him for all but two games in 2012, he wasn’t where he wanted to be physically as a player.
But now, he’s feeling good about his health again.
‘I finished all 16 games last year but I still wasn’t where I wanted to be physically as a player,’ Revis said. ‘This is my first offseason where I could really focus on working out. They say it takes a year and a half, or two (to get back to full strength). I think I’m at a point now, I’m there.
‘I’m back to where I can move around a little better. Last year was really tough coming off the injury — I wasn’t where I needed to be. Now, I’m a little bit more excited. I feel the butterflies a little bit more, and I’m just ready to play and get ready for the season.’
Revis was quizzed as to whether or not he feels the need to reclaim the mantle of best cornerback in the league.
‘I don’t need to prove nothing to anybody. W’s is what matters — more wins than losses. That’s what we want to do as a team,’ he said.
“Everybody is great. Everybody performs well at the professional level. Those are for you guys to rate who’s this and that. It really doesn’t matter to me.’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...