Patriots release TE Nate Byham
|07.25.14 at 5:01 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Friday they have released veteran tight end Nate Byham.
Byham, 26, was signed by New England on July 21 and is a veteran of four NFL seasons with the San Francisco 49ers (2010-11) and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2012-13). The 6-foot-4, 264-pounder, originally entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft pick by San Francisco out of Pittsburgh in 2010. He was signed by Tampa Bay on Oct. 2, 2012 after being released by San Francisco on Aug. 16, 2012. In his four NFL seasons, Byham has played 29 games with 11 starts and has totaled 11 receptions for 83 yards and one touchdown. Last season in Tampa Bay, Byham was limited to four games and finished with three receptions for 38 yards.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...