Patriots release TE Nate Byham
|07.25.14 at 5:01 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Friday they have released veteran tight end Nate Byham.
Byham, 26, was signed by New England on July 21 and is a veteran of four NFL seasons with the San Francisco 49ers (2010-11) and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2012-13). The 6-foot-4, 264-pounder, originally entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft pick by San Francisco out of Pittsburgh in 2010. He was signed by Tampa Bay on Oct. 2, 2012 after being released by San Francisco on Aug. 16, 2012. In his four NFL seasons, Byham has played 29 games with 11 starts and has totaled 11 receptions for 83 yards and one touchdown. Last season in Tampa Bay, Byham was limited to four games and finished with three receptions for 38 yards.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL