Eagles CB Cary Williams: Patriots ‘are cheaters’
|08.01.14 at 6:05 pm ET|
Cary Williams doesn’t like the Patriots.
The Eagles cornerback dropped a “Spygate” reference when speaking with the Philadelphia media on Friday, adding that he believes there is no benefit to the upcoming joint practices between the Patriots and Eagles.
“They are cheaters,” he said.
“I give them all the credit in the world, but one fact remains: They haven’t won a Super Bowl since they got caught,” Williams said, referencing the video scandal that engulfed the Patriots in 2007.
Williams was kicked out of the joint practices that were held between the Patriots and Eagles last season in a flap involving wide receiver Aaron Dobson. Williams said there’s no need for Philadelphia to have joint sessions with New England, scheduled to take place in Foxboro from Aug. 12-14.
“To me, it’s not benefiting us, because they’ve already proven who they are,” said Williams, who also professed a distaste for the Steelers. “That’s their history. I don’t like them, not only because of that. I just don’t like them.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know