Patriots release WR Cole Stanford
|08.02.14 at 5:25 pm ET|
The Patriots released wide receiver Cole Stanford on Saturday.
Stanford was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent from Cal Poly on July 27. Stanford, 23, originally played linebacker and converted to offense after his freshman season at Cal Poly. The 6-foot-2, 225-pounder rushed 54 times for 314 yards with one touchdown and caught 43 passes for 891 yards and eight touchdowns over 42 games during his college career.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied