Patriots release WR Cole Stanford
|08.02.14 at 5:25 pm ET|
The Patriots released wide receiver Cole Stanford on Saturday.
Stanford was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent from Cal Poly on July 27. Stanford, 23, originally played linebacker and converted to offense after his freshman season at Cal Poly. The 6-foot-2, 225-pounder rushed 54 times for 314 yards with one touchdown and caught 43 passes for 891 yards and eight touchdowns over 42 games during his college career.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?