Patriots release WR Cole Stanford
|08.02.14 at 5:25 pm ET|
The Patriots released wide receiver Cole Stanford on Saturday.
Stanford was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent from Cal Poly on July 27. Stanford, 23, originally played linebacker and converted to offense after his freshman season at Cal Poly. The 6-foot-2, 225-pounder rushed 54 times for 314 yards with one touchdown and caught 43 passes for 891 yards and eight touchdowns over 42 games during his college career.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?