Patriots re-sign LB James Morris
|08.03.14 at 1:25 pm ET|
James Morris has signed a free agent contract with the Patriots, the team announced Sunday.
The linebacker, who was signed in May before being waived with a “failed physical designation,” will take the 90th spot on the current roster. (Morris reportedly had issues with a blood clot this spring.)
As a collegian, Morris was just the sixth player in Iowa history to record 400 career tackles after finishing with 400 tackles, 10 1/2 sacks and six interceptions as a three-year starter. The 6-foot-2, 240-pounder was named a team captain in 2013 and started in all 13 games and finished second on the team with 107 total tackles, eight sacks and four interceptions.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick