Rob Gronkowski missing from start of Patriots’ first joint practice with Washington
|08.04.14 at 10:28 am ET|
RICHMOND, Va. — Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski was missing from the first joint practice with Washington on Monday morning.
Gronkowski, who suffered a season-ending torn ACL in his right knee Dec. 8 when he was tackled by Cleveland’s T.J. Ward, was cleared to practice at the start of training camp in late July. He has been doing individual work while the team has gone through full-pad drills.
There are no reports that Gronkowski has had any setbacks, so the move to limit his exposure in Virginia appears to be precautionary.
Gronkowski made it clear after his first camp practice that he has a ways to go before he’s ready for game action.
“If it were 100 percent, I’d be doing every single thing so no, I’m not 100 percent right now, obviously not,” Gronkowski said July 25. “I’m working my way to get to that and I’m working every single day to get to that and improving every single day.
“I’m preparing myself to my max ability right now for the first regular game. I can’t really say anything from here on out because it’s far away. Every single day, I’m just giving it everything I’ve got in the rehab room and out here on the field. I’m preparing myself and listening to my trainers, what they have for me so that I’m ready to go when it comes down to it. Hopefully, I am.
“No timetable at all. Just keep improving every single day and we’ll see what the trainers want me to do. They’ve been through plenty of knee injuries throughout their years here.”
The Patriots play Washington in their first preseason game Thursday night.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return