Danny Amendola ‘all good’ with Tom Brady calling receivers ‘pygmies’
|08.06.14 at 3:49 pm ET|
After practice Tuesday, Tom Brady was asked if he appreciates throwing to 6-foot-3 Brandon LaFell.
“Absolutely. I’ve got some of the little pygmies out there like Julian and Danny and it’s nice to have a little bigger guy out there from time to time who has a bigger catch radius,” Brady joked. “Hopefully Danny and Julian don’t get mad at me for saying that. They won’t. They know I’m joking.”
Amendola confirmed Brady’s instinct after Wednesday’s walkthrough.
“I did hear that,” Amendola said with a good-natured smile. “I don’t know. It’s all good. I don’t even know what [a pygmy] is.”
That’s why we’re here. A Wikipedia search revealed the following:
A pygmy is a member of an ethnic group whose average height is unusually short; many anthropologists define pygmy as a member of any group where adult men are on average less than 150 cm tall.
For the record, Amendola (180 cm) and Edelman (178 cm) are well above the cutoff. So, how are Edelman, Amendola, LaFell and Thompkins all getting along?
“We’re all boys, we’re all really good friends,” Amendola said. “We work well together and we’re just trying to get better every day.”
Only time will tell if “The Pygmies” will join the ranks of “The Smurfs” and “The Fun Bunch” as other great diminutive receiving corps in NFL lore.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction