Snap to it: Looking at how much Tom Brady has played in preseason openers in last 5 years
|08.06.14 at 1:47 pm ET|
Here’s a quick look at the number of snaps and final stats for quarterback Tom Brady in the Patriots’ first preseason game of the summer, dating back to 2009:
2013: 19 snaps against Philadelphia — 7-for-8, 65 yards, 1 TD
2012: 19 snaps against New Orleans — 4-for-7, 30 yards, 1 sack
2011: DNP against Jacksonville (Brady was not injured, but the opener came roughly two weeks after the end of the lockout. It what was likely a preventive measure to guard against starters being injured, most of the No. 1 offense and defense had the night off.)
2010: 17 snaps vs. New Orleans — 5-for-8, 67 yards
2009: 24 snaps vs. Philadelphia — 10-for-15, 100 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...