Snap to it: Looking at how much Tom Brady has played in preseason openers in last 5 years
|08.06.14 at 1:47 pm ET|
Here’s a quick look at the number of snaps and final stats for quarterback Tom Brady in the Patriots’ first preseason game of the summer, dating back to 2009:
2013: 19 snaps against Philadelphia — 7-for-8, 65 yards, 1 TD
2012: 19 snaps against New Orleans — 4-for-7, 30 yards, 1 sack
2011: DNP against Jacksonville (Brady was not injured, but the opener came roughly two weeks after the end of the lockout. It what was likely a preventive measure to guard against starters being injured, most of the No. 1 offense and defense had the night off.)
2010: 17 snaps vs. New Orleans — 5-for-8, 67 yards
2009: 24 snaps vs. Philadelphia — 10-for-15, 100 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal