Jeff Triplette will work as lead official for Patriots-Redskins
|08.07.14 at 11:18 am ET|
Jeff Triplette will work as the lead official for Thursday’s preseason game between the Patriots and Redskins.
Triplette, a retired Army reserve colonel, became a referee in 1999. The last regular-season New England game Triplette was assigned to work was the Patriots-Bucs last September at Gillette Stadium.
Triplette has found himself in the spotlight in recent years for a string of questionable calls, and it angered and confused some around the league last year when he landed a postseason assignment.
Expect Triplette and his crew to be in focus in the preseason opener, as the renewed emphasis on illegal contact and defensive holding for defensive backs has already become an issue around the league.
For more on Triplette and his work as a referee, check out his page here at Pro Football Reference.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...