Jeff Triplette will work as lead official for Patriots-Redskins
|08.07.14 at 11:18 am ET|
Jeff Triplette will work as the lead official for Thursday’s preseason game between the Patriots and Redskins.
Triplette, a retired Army reserve colonel, became a referee in 1999. The last regular-season New England game Triplette was assigned to work was the Patriots-Bucs last September at Gillette Stadium.
Triplette has found himself in the spotlight in recent years for a string of questionable calls, and it angered and confused some around the league last year when he landed a postseason assignment.
Expect Triplette and his crew to be in focus in the preseason opener, as the renewed emphasis on illegal contact and defensive holding for defensive backs has already become an issue around the league.
For more on Triplette and his work as a referee, check out his page here at Pro Football Reference.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England