Jeff Triplette will work as lead official for Patriots-Redskins
|08.07.14 at 11:18 am ET|
Jeff Triplette will work as the lead official for Thursday’s preseason game between the Patriots and Redskins.
Triplette, a retired Army reserve colonel, became a referee in 1999. The last regular-season New England game Triplette was assigned to work was the Patriots-Bucs last September at Gillette Stadium.
Triplette has found himself in the spotlight in recent years for a string of questionable calls, and it angered and confused some around the league last year when he landed a postseason assignment.
Expect Triplette and his crew to be in focus in the preseason opener, as the renewed emphasis on illegal contact and defensive holding for defensive backs has already become an issue around the league.
For more on Triplette and his work as a referee, check out his page here at Pro Football Reference.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Amendola, Patriots Agree to New Contract
- How Rookie Cyrus Jones Fits in Patriots Defense
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld