Bill Belichick talks Ice Bucket Challenge: ‘I plan on doing something with it’
|08.11.14 at 8:21 pm ET|
On his weekly appearance on WEEI Monday, he didn’t exactly accept the the challenge, but it certainly sounds like he’s going to try something along those lines.
“I plan on doing something with it,” he said. “We’ll take care of it.”
Mara also challenged Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Jets owner Woody Johnson. To this point, the only player or coach to take part is Julian Edelman, who challenged Danny Amendola, Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. (At this point, none of the three have taken him up on the challenge.)
Belichick said he’s known “several people” who have been affected by ALS, including former Saints defensive back Steve Gleason, who was diagnosed with the disease in 2011.
“I’m certainly willing to support trying to find a cure for that and try to help people who have that disease,” he said. “I am 100 percent behind it.”
Of course, Belichick knows that there are a few folks who would love a shot at gaining a small measure of revenge on him.
“I know there’s a lot of people who would like to dump ice water on me,” he added with a laugh.
For the complete audio of the interview, click here.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...