Bill Belichick talks Ice Bucket Challenge: ‘I plan on doing something with it’
|08.11.14 at 8:21 pm ET|
On his weekly appearance on WEEI Monday, he didn’t exactly accept the the challenge, but it certainly sounds like he’s going to try something along those lines.
“I plan on doing something with it,” he said. “We’ll take care of it.”
Mara also challenged Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Jets owner Woody Johnson. To this point, the only player or coach to take part is Julian Edelman, who challenged Danny Amendola, Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. (At this point, none of the three have taken him up on the challenge.)
Belichick said he’s known “several people” who have been affected by ALS, including former Saints defensive back Steve Gleason, who was diagnosed with the disease in 2011.
“I’m certainly willing to support trying to find a cure for that and try to help people who have that disease,” he said. “I am 100 percent behind it.”
Of course, Belichick knows that there are a few folks who would love a shot at gaining a small measure of revenge on him.
“I know there’s a lot of people who would like to dump ice water on me,” he added with a laugh.
For the complete audio of the interview, click here.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video