Eagles OC Pat Shurmur: Patriots are ‘lucky to have’ Danny Amendola
|08.13.14 at 8:00 am ET|
FOXBORO — Former Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur is in his first year in the same capacity with the Eagles. On Tuesday, prior to the joint practices between Philly and the Patriots, he was asked about getting the chance to work with Danny Amendola when Amendola was in St. Louis.
“I was the offensive coordinator and [QB] Sam Bradford was new in the league,” said Shurmur, who was with the Rams in 2009 and 2010. “I think he became the offensive rookie of the year, and he threw Danny about 90 balls that year.
“[Bradford] was smart enough to realize that he was an outstanding player — awesome on special teams for us,” Shurmur added. “I think the Patriots are very lucky to have him. Tough guy. There aren’t many negatives to Danny, so I’ll look forward to seeing him when we get out there [Tuesday].”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...