Eagles OC Pat Shurmur: Patriots are ‘lucky to have’ Danny Amendola
|08.13.14 at 8:00 am ET|
FOXBORO — Former Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur is in his first year in the same capacity with the Eagles. On Tuesday, prior to the joint practices between Philly and the Patriots, he was asked about getting the chance to work with Danny Amendola when Amendola was in St. Louis.
“I was the offensive coordinator and [QB] Sam Bradford was new in the league,” said Shurmur, who was with the Rams in 2009 and 2010. “I think he became the offensive rookie of the year, and he threw Danny about 90 balls that year.
“[Bradford] was smart enough to realize that he was an outstanding player — awesome on special teams for us,” Shurmur added. “I think the Patriots are very lucky to have him. Tough guy. There aren’t many negatives to Danny, so I’ll look forward to seeing him when we get out there [Tuesday].”
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...