Eagles OC Pat Shurmur: Patriots are ‘lucky to have’ Danny Amendola
|08.13.14 at 8:00 am ET|
FOXBORO — Former Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur is in his first year in the same capacity with the Eagles. On Tuesday, prior to the joint practices between Philly and the Patriots, he was asked about getting the chance to work with Danny Amendola when Amendola was in St. Louis.
“I was the offensive coordinator and [QB] Sam Bradford was new in the league,” said Shurmur, who was with the Rams in 2009 and 2010. “I think he became the offensive rookie of the year, and he threw Danny about 90 balls that year.
“[Bradford] was smart enough to realize that he was an outstanding player — awesome on special teams for us,” Shurmur added. “I think the Patriots are very lucky to have him. Tough guy. There aren’t many negatives to Danny, so I’ll look forward to seeing him when we get out there [Tuesday].”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Comments and...
- How Rookie Cyrus Jones Fits in Patriots Defense
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld