How much will Tom Brady play Friday against Philly? ‘As much as coach lets me’
|08.13.14 at 1:18 pm ET|
Tom Brady didn’t play in the preseason opener against the Redskins. Asked of he’s expecting to play Friday night in the Patriots second preseason contest of the summer against the Eagles, he gave a very Brady-like answer.
“As much as coach lets me — he makes those decisions,” the quarterback said after Wednesday’s practice with Philly. “I’ll be ready to play for as long as he wants me to. That’s very valuable playing experience for me, too. It doesn’t matter how many years you’ve been doing it — you’ve got to get out there and play under game situations and get your body going at the level that it needs to be at.”
For the record, here’s a look at how much Brady has played in the second preseason game of the year, dating back to 2008.
2009: 4-for-8 for 57 yards in 13 snaps vs. Bengals
2010: 10-for-12 for 85 yards, 1 TD in 24 snaps vs. Falcons
2011: 11-for-19 for 118 yards, 2 TDs in 25 snaps vs. Bucs
2013: 11-for-12 for 107 yards, 1 TD in 23 snaps vs. Bucs
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...