Jerod Mayo not present at start of Patriots practice for second straight day
|08.13.14 at 10:04 am ET|
For the second consecutive day, Jerod Mayo was absent from the start of Patriots practice.
The linebacker was not part of the first joint session between New England and Philadelphia on Tuesday, and according to those in attendance, was not at the start of the workout between the two teams on Wednesday morning. It’s not known if the veteran is dealing with a health issue — prior to Tuesday, he hadn’t missed a practice all summer — but he did end the 2013 season on injured reserve with a pectoral injury.
In addition to Mayo, the following players were among those not spotted at the start of practice: Defensive linemen Sealver Siliga and Chris Jones, tight ends Michael Hoomanawanui, D.J. Williams and Terrence Miller and wide receiver Jeremy Gallon. And while the Patriots reportedly dealt for defensive linemen Jerel Worthy and Ben Bass on Tuesday, neither were present at the start of practice Wednesday.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brissett Is Patriots' Most Important Rookie
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension