Patriots release TE Ben Hartsock
|08.14.14 at 10:15 am ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday they release tight end Ben Hartsock. Here’s a portion of the statement issued by the team on the move:
Hartsock, 34, is a veteran of 10 NFL seasons with the Indianapolis Colts (2004-06), Tennessee Titans (2006-07), Atlanta Falcons (2008), New York Jets (2009-10) and Carolina Panthers (2011-13). The 6-foot-4, 265-pounder, originally entered the NFL as a third-round draft pick (68th overall) of Indianapolis in the 2004 NFL Draft out of Ohio State. He has played in 131 NFL games with 49 starts and has 31 receptions for 312 yards and one touchdown. Last season, Hartsock played in 13 games with two starts for the Panthers but did not have any receptions.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick