Patriots release TE Ben Hartsock
|08.14.14 at 10:15 am ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday they release tight end Ben Hartsock. Here’s a portion of the statement issued by the team on the move:
Hartsock, 34, is a veteran of 10 NFL seasons with the Indianapolis Colts (2004-06), Tennessee Titans (2006-07), Atlanta Falcons (2008), New York Jets (2009-10) and Carolina Panthers (2011-13). The 6-foot-4, 265-pounder, originally entered the NFL as a third-round draft pick (68th overall) of Indianapolis in the 2004 NFL Draft out of Ohio State. He has played in 131 NFL games with 49 starts and has 31 receptions for 312 yards and one touchdown. Last season, Hartsock played in 13 games with two starts for the Panthers but did not have any receptions.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense