Patriots release TE Ben Hartsock
|08.14.14 at 10:15 am ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday they release tight end Ben Hartsock. Here’s a portion of the statement issued by the team on the move:
Hartsock, 34, is a veteran of 10 NFL seasons with the Indianapolis Colts (2004-06), Tennessee Titans (2006-07), Atlanta Falcons (2008), New York Jets (2009-10) and Carolina Panthers (2011-13). The 6-foot-4, 265-pounder, originally entered the NFL as a third-round draft pick (68th overall) of Indianapolis in the 2004 NFL Draft out of Ohio State. He has played in 131 NFL games with 49 starts and has 31 receptions for 312 yards and one touchdown. Last season, Hartsock played in 13 games with two starts for the Panthers but did not have any receptions.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Conor McDermott NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Seattle Seahawks'...
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season