Patriots release TE Ben Hartsock
|08.14.14 at 10:15 am ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday they release tight end Ben Hartsock. Here’s a portion of the statement issued by the team on the move:
Hartsock, 34, is a veteran of 10 NFL seasons with the Indianapolis Colts (2004-06), Tennessee Titans (2006-07), Atlanta Falcons (2008), New York Jets (2009-10) and Carolina Panthers (2011-13). The 6-foot-4, 265-pounder, originally entered the NFL as a third-round draft pick (68th overall) of Indianapolis in the 2004 NFL Draft out of Ohio State. He has played in 131 NFL games with 49 starts and has 31 receptions for 312 yards and one touchdown. Last season, Hartsock played in 13 games with two starts for the Panthers but did not have any receptions.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty