Ryan Mallett: Two missed practices were ‘maintenance’ days
|08.14.14 at 12:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Many wondered what was wrong with quarterback Ryan Mallett when he missed both Sunday and Monday’s practices. That was in the wake of last Thursday’s preseason game against the Redskins where he slid awkwardly at one point in the first half on his left knee.
Following Thursday’s walk-through with the Eagles, Mallett cleared the air.
“Just maintenance stuff,” the 26-year-old said when asked about the absences.
Mallett did wear a heavy brace/sleeve on his left leg for the three joint sessions with the Eagles, but insists that wasn’t anything new.
“Same thing — I didn’t change anything. Same old, same,” said Mallett.
The quarterback went 5-for-12 passing for 55 yards playing the first half against Washington.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...