Ryan Mallett: Two missed practices were ‘maintenance’ days
|08.14.14 at 12:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Many wondered what was wrong with quarterback Ryan Mallett when he missed both Sunday and Monday’s practices. That was in the wake of last Thursday’s preseason game against the Redskins where he slid awkwardly at one point in the first half on his left knee.
Following Thursday’s walk-through with the Eagles, Mallett cleared the air.
“Just maintenance stuff,” the 26-year-old said when asked about the absences.
Mallett did wear a heavy brace/sleeve on his left leg for the three joint sessions with the Eagles, but insists that wasn’t anything new.
“Same thing — I didn’t change anything. Same old, same,” said Mallett.
The quarterback went 5-for-12 passing for 55 yards playing the first half against Washington.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England