Ryan Mallett: Two missed practices were ‘maintenance’ days
|08.14.14 at 12:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Many wondered what was wrong with quarterback Ryan Mallett when he missed both Sunday and Monday’s practices. That was in the wake of last Thursday’s preseason game against the Redskins where he slid awkwardly at one point in the first half on his left knee.
Following Thursday’s walk-through with the Eagles, Mallett cleared the air.
“Just maintenance stuff,” the 26-year-old said when asked about the absences.
Mallett did wear a heavy brace/sleeve on his left leg for the three joint sessions with the Eagles, but insists that wasn’t anything new.
“Same thing — I didn’t change anything. Same old, same,” said Mallett.
The quarterback went 5-for-12 passing for 55 yards playing the first half against Washington.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars