Ryan Mallett: Two missed practices were ‘maintenance’ days
|08.14.14 at 12:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Many wondered what was wrong with quarterback Ryan Mallett when he missed both Sunday and Monday’s practices. That was in the wake of last Thursday’s preseason game against the Redskins where he slid awkwardly at one point in the first half on his left knee.
Following Thursday’s walk-through with the Eagles, Mallett cleared the air.
“Just maintenance stuff,” the 26-year-old said when asked about the absences.
Mallett did wear a heavy brace/sleeve on his left leg for the three joint sessions with the Eagles, but insists that wasn’t anything new.
“Same thing — I didn’t change anything. Same old, same,” said Mallett.
The quarterback went 5-for-12 passing for 55 yards playing the first half against Washington.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Deflategate, Applauds Patriots for 'Ignoring the...
- Malcolm Butler Went from One-Play Wonder to Starter
- Roster Projections for New England Patriots
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report