Ryan Mallett: Two missed practices were ‘maintenance’ days
|08.14.14 at 12:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Many wondered what was wrong with quarterback Ryan Mallett when he missed both Sunday and Monday’s practices. That was in the wake of last Thursday’s preseason game against the Redskins where he slid awkwardly at one point in the first half on his left knee.
Following Thursday’s walk-through with the Eagles, Mallett cleared the air.
“Just maintenance stuff,” the 26-year-old said when asked about the absences.
Mallett did wear a heavy brace/sleeve on his left leg for the three joint sessions with the Eagles, but insists that wasn’t anything new.
“Same thing — I didn’t change anything. Same old, same,” said Mallett.
The quarterback went 5-for-12 passing for 55 yards playing the first half against Washington.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Predicting New England Patriots' 2017 Starters After 1st Wave of Free...
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons