Patriots officially announce acquisitions of Jerel Worthy, Ben Bass
|08.15.14 at 3:01 pm ET|
The Patriots made the acquisitions of defensive linemen Jerel Worthy and Ben Bass official on Friday. In addition, they placed new tight end Terrence Miller on injured reserve. Here’s a portion of the statement from the team on the moves:
Worthy, 24, was originally drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the second round (51st overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft out of Michigan State. The 6-foot-2, 308-pounder appeared in 16 regular-season games with four starts over two seasons and accumulated 11 tackles, 2½ sacks and one forced fumble. Worthy began last season on the Physically Unable to Perform List before being activated to the 53-man roster on Nov. 23, 2013, and played in two games.
Bass, 24, originally joined the Dallas Cowboys in 2012 as an undrafted free agent out of Texas A&M. The 6-foot-5, 295-pounder spent most of the 2012 season on the Cowboys’ practice squad before being activated to the 53-man roster on Nov. 13, 2013. Bass appeared in two games as a rookie before being placed on injured reserve on Dec. 1, 2012. He went to training camp with the Cowboys in 2013 but was placed on injured reserve prior to the start of the regular season.
Miller, 22, was signed by the Patriots on Aug. 10, 2014. He was originally signed by the New York Jets as a rookie free agent out of Arizona on May 11, 2014. The 6-foot-4, 234-pounder, was released by the Jets on June 19, 2014. Miller finished his college career at Arizona with 95 receptions for 1,117 yards and three touchdowns.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?