LB Jerod Mayo: ‘Everything is good’
|08.19.14 at 1:09 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Linebacker Jerod Mayo missed three practices last week against the Eagles — as well as the preseason contest against Philly — but said Tuesday afternoon that when it comes to his health “everything is good.”
Mayo was back on the field with his teammates for the final day of training camp Monday, and said it was a positive experience.
“I feel good. I feel good,” he said. “I went out there [Monday], ran around a little bit. I feel pretty good.
“I always love going out there and practicing against other teams. It breaks up the monotony of camp,” he added. “Unfortunately, I was unable to go out there, but I feel good now.”
Mayo was noncommittal when asked if it was a health or personal issue that kept him away from the field. The linebacker, who missed the final 10 games of last season after tearing his pectoral muscle, also kept it vague when asked if he was going to be able to go Friday against the Panthers, joking that when it comes to questions about his health, his go-to answer is always “Ask Coach [Bill] Belichick.”
As far as a timetable for his return to the field, Mayo — who is entering his seventh season in the NFL — made it sound like it will be sooner rather than later.
“It’ll be a step-by-step thing,” he said. “It’s kind of like riding a bike, though — I think once I get a couple of plays under my belt, I’ll be OK.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions