Sebastian Vollmer, Michael Hoomanawanui, Sealver Siliga among those missing at Patriots practice
|08.19.14 at 3:58 pm ET|
It was the second straight day the starting right tackle was not spotted with the team in practice. Vollmer started and played 22 of 91 snaps on Friday against the Eagles with the starting offensive line, as did starting left guard Logan Mankins.
Teams are not required to disclose medical or injury issues during preseason so it’s not clear why Vollmer has been out the last two days.
If Vollmer is dealing with a significant injury issue, then it’s likely Marcus Cannon, who played some left tackle against the Eagles, could step in and fill the void at right tackle.
Another option for right tackle could be Nate Solder, who has played both tackle positions in the past, including on Friday when he reported as a tackle-eligible on the right side. Vollmer is coming back from a gruesome broken right leg, suffered against the Dolphins last October.
Other players missing Tuesday were tight ends D.J. Williams and defensive linemen Sealver Siliga and Chris Jones. Tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, linebacker Cameron Gordon and offensive lineman Chris Martin did not practice with the team at the beginning of media availability but did work on the lower field with the team’s training staff.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...