Tom Brady on report of Patriots tampering with game balls: ‘Ridiculous’
|01.19.15 at 8:22 am ET|
Tom Brady, during his Monday morning appearance with Dennis & Callahan, termed a suggestion that the Patriots were tampering with game balls “ridiculous.”
According to multiple reports, the NFL will investigate whether New England did not inflate the balls to the required amount so that Brady and his teammates could get a better grip on the balls in the wet weather.
Brady said he was not aware of the report, claiming, “I have no idea” what the controversy was about.
“I think I’ve heard it all at this point,” he said with a laugh.
Added Brady: “That’s the last of my worries. I don’t even respond to stuff like this.”
Bob Kravitz, the columnist for Indianapolis’ WTHR.com who broke the story late Sunday night, also joined Dennis & Callahan on Monday morning, and he explained how the story came to his attention.
“I was told by an NFL source that the league was looking into — or going to look into — the possibility that the Patriots deflated the footballs,” Kravitz said. “I thought it was outlandish, but this particular source has never steered me wrong before.”
Added Kravitz: “When I heard it, I thought, man, that’s outlandish, do I really want to go with this? And then I thought, well, everybody thought the idea of them taping practice was outlandish. So, at the end, it’s a source that I trust implicitly, and I’ve never been steered wrong before.”
If the Patriots are found to be guilty, they are expected to receive a harsh punishment from the league.
“My understanding is that it would be exactly like they did with the whole spygate deal, that they could take away draft picks,” Kravitz said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason