Darrelle Revis: Tom Brady should ‘live with’ 4-game suspension
|08.06.15 at 8:44 pm ET|
Everyone seems to have an opinion on Tom Brady’s pending four-game suspension for his role in Deflategate and Thursday, former Patriot cornerback Darrelle Revis gave his.
“I think it’s dragged a little bit too far,” Revis said on ESPN’s First Take. “It’s a little bit too much. I feel that he got the suspension, the four games and you know, live with it. I don’t know all the information. I don’t know everything about the whole situation. Tom is a competitor. I know he wants to win and it’s unfortunate what is going on right now with the situation. We’ll see Wednesday (Brady and Roger Goodell’s court conference date) how this pans out, but overall I think this has dragged on a little bit too long with the whole Deflategate.”
Revis was asked to clarify what he meant by “live with it” and Revis said Brady should accept the four-game suspension.
“I think so,” he said. “He and his team are doing the best thing to over turn it, but I mean Roger [Goodell] already gave him the suspension and what it’s a $1 million [team fine]? I guess he is trying to state his case that he’s innocent so I guess we’ll see Wednesday.”
Revis won the Super Bowl last season — his only year in New England. He didn’t return after the team didn’t pick up his $20 million option for the 2015 season and signed with his former team, the Jets.
The cornerback said he didn’t hear anything from either Brady or the equipment staff of any wrongdoing around the time of the Super Bowl.
“No. After that game going into the Super Bowl Tom spoke to the team and it seemed like he was very hurt about what was being said of Deflategate and what was said about him,” Revis said. “I think he just cleared the air in that moment and then after the Super Bowl when we won it just blew up to another issue.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Predicting New England Patriots' 2017 Starters After 1st Wave of Free...
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons