Another possible reason Jim Nantz buried Peyton Manning HGH story? They share same rep
|01.05.16 at 8:06 am ET|
Much was made of the fact that CBS announcer Jim Nantz and his broadcast partner, Phil Simms, didn’t make mention of the HGH controversy surrounding Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning when broadcasting his game Sunday.
And then the conversation escalated when Nantz went on Mike Francesa’s WFAN radio show and responded to the criticism by saying, “Why would we? If we talk about [the documentary] we would only continue to breathe life into a story that on all levels is a non-story. Why add another layer to it?”
Now, according the New York Daily News, some of Nantz’s potential motivation for his approach are coming to light.
The Daily News reports that Manning and Nantz share the same representation, with Sandy Montag serving as the broadcaster’s agent while also helping Manning with his off-field endeavors.
Montag previously assisted Ari Fleischer, who was hired by Manning immediately following Al Jazeera’s report “The Dark Side” brought to light that the quarterback’s wife may have had HGH delivered to the family’s home.
The Daily News also points out that Manning and Nantz have appeared together in advertisements for Sony and Papa John’s.
DraftKings has your shot to play for FREE in the $1 Million Fantasy Football Contest THIS SUNDAY! First place takes home $100,000! FOR FREE ENTRY, CLICK HERE.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction