Don’t expect Dion Lewis, Tre’ Jackson (both on PUP) to begin practicing this week
|10.18.16 at 11:56 am ET|
Week 7 in the NFL marks the first week players on the PUP list can begin practicing with their respective teams.
For the Patriots they have offensive lineman Tre’ Jackson and running back Dion Lewis. Bill Belichick was asked if the two would begin practicing this week on his weekly conference call Tuesday morning.
“Probably not this week,” Belichick said.
The Patriots have until Week 11 for the two players to start practicing. Once they do start practicing, the team has 21 days to activate them to the active roster, or else they get reverted to injured reserve.
Jackson has been out with a knee injury since training camp, but has been at practice stretching with the team in recent weeks. Lewis hasn’t been seen at all besides in the locker room since his second surgery on his knee following ACL surgery last season.
While both players likely won’t be back at practice this week, they should be in the near future.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text