Tom Brady on K&C refuses to reveal whom he voted for: ‘I’m not talking politics anymore’
|11.14.16 at 8:34 am ET|
A week after promising the Kirk & Callahan Show he would reveal who he voted for when it came to the presidential election, Brady explained Monday he had a change of heart.
“I know, I know, but I’m not talking politics anymore,” said Brady when reminded about this promise. “I’ve got other things to worry about. Just speaking with my family, it’s a bad idea. I know I told you I would, and then after I told you I would I changed my mind.”
Brady was then asked about his statement Wednesday, when the quarterback left some room open for interpretation as to if he gave President-Elect Donald Trump permission to exclaim at a rally in New Hampshire the night before the election that Brady was supporting him.
“I just don’t want to get into it, I really don’t,” he said. “There’s nothing positive that comes of it. There’s been so much negativity over the last week. I’m a positive person and I just want to keep things positive.”
One final question was asked of Brady on the subject: Was he happy one of his friends is now in the White House?
“I don’t want to express any emotions and any feelings,” the Patriots’ QB said. “You know what I am? I’m hopeful and optimistic our country and move forward. I’m happy the election is over. I’m sure a lot of other people are. I’m going to focus on football.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...