Trent Dilfer on D&H: ‘Nobody is trading a first and a fourth-[round pick] for Jimmy [Garoppolo]’
|12.28.16 at 9:07 pm ET|
ESPN’s Trent Dilfer joined Dale and Holley with Rich Keefe, as Andy Hart and Pete Sheppard filled in on Wednesday to talk about the Patriots and potentially trading Jimmy Garoppolo. To hear the interview, go to the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
Earlier in the day, Adam Schefter went on Kirk & Callahan and said a starting point for a Garoppolo trade would be a first and a fourth-round pick. Dilfer disagrees and said the Patriots are using Schefter.
“I can promise you nobody is trading a first and a fourth for Jimmy,” he said. “Now, it’s smart that the brass in New England is using Adam [Schefter] to get that headline out there because now they are starting the market there. Now to negotiate from that point, that is a good point to negotiate from. There’s only a handful of players in the league you would trade a first and a fourth for.
“I’ve always thought Jimmy would maybe be a late first and a conditional. I think it’s more a second and third combination where you can get two really good players. The only caveat to that is people are valuing first-round picks less and less these days. You’re starting to see where the height, weight, speed measurable component that gets guys in the first round isn’t always translating to Pro Bowls.”
Below is the complete interview where Dilfer had plenty more to say, including calling Blake Bortles the worst quarterback in the NFL and Jacksonville a horrible city.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video