Will Danny Amendola play Saturday vs. Texans?
|01.10.17 at 5:03 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Danny Amendola hasn’t played a game since Dec. 4 against the Rams when he sprained his ankle returning a punt in the second half.
The receiver missed the final month of the year, but returned to practice last week and has practiced each of the last three practices.
Amendola spoke for the first time since the injury Tuesday afternoon in the Patriots locker room, noting he hasn’t experienced any setbacks.
“I feel good,” he said. “I feel good today. Getting ready for tomorrow. I have had no setbacks.”
Added Amendola: “I feel good. Running around good and taking it day-by-day.”
After not being seen at Gillette Stadium for virtually the entire month of December and being seen in a walking boot walking around town, he was back at the facility the final week of the season, which was a sign progress was being made.
“Honestly, the only thing I have been focusing on in the last four, five weeks is getting as healthy as possible, to feel as good as I can and be available for whatever the coach needs me to do,” Amendola said.
He admitted it was hard missing as much time as he did.
“Any time you miss time, mentally it’s draining,” Amendola said. “It’s frustrating. You try and get back as soon as you can. I love playing football. It’s what I am here to do. That is what I am working for.”
Amendola finished the regular season with 23 catches for 243 yards and four touchdowns.
The next biggest question is will he be on the field Saturday night against the Texans?
“Whatever coach wants me to do,” he said.
Judging by the way he’s progressed over the last few weeks and being on the practice field leading into the postseason, it would appear Amendola will be returning for the games that matter most, starting on Saturday night.
“The playoff is what you play for,” he said. “That is why everyone is here. That is what we’ve been waiting on all year. We’re ready to go.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know