Tom Brady Sr. hammers Roger Goodell, accuses him of lying about Deflategate
|01.27.17 at 10:55 pm ET|
The father of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady ripped Roger Goodell on Friday, telling TV station KRON that the commissioner “constantly lied” about what went on during Deflategate, and his actions were “beyond reprehensible.”
“When it happens to your son, it’s a whole different context,” Tom Brady Sr. explained. “Or your daughter or any one of your kids. And I think any parent kind of understands that. They’d rather take the slings and arrows in the heart than have their kids take it. For what the league did to [Tom] and what Roger Goodell constantly lied about is beyond reprehensible, as far as I’m concerned.
“[Goodell] went on a witch hunt, and went in way over his head, and had to lie his way out in numerous ways. And the reality is that Tommy never got suspended for deflating footballs,” Brady Sr. added. “He got suspended because the court said that he could, Roger Goodell could do anything he wanted to do to any player for any reason whatsoever. That’s what happened. The NFL admitted they had no evidence on him.”
Earlier in the week, Goodell said it would be “an honor” to be able to hand the trophy to someone like Brady if the quarterback were to win his fifth Lombardi Trophy.
“It should be an honor because somebody that has Roger Goodell’s ethics doesn’t belong on any stage that Tom Brady is on,” the father echoed.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...