Robert Kraft knows how much longer Bill Belichick wants to coach
|02.02.17 at 12:46 pm ET|
HOUSTON — One of the biggest mysteries of the Patriots franchise is Bill Belichick’s contract and how much longer he wants to coach for.
Apparently, owner Robert Kraft knows, but he’s not going to tell anyone.
“We have a pact that we don’t talk about that,” Kraft said, via Mark Maske of the Washington Post. “He knows and I know. But he won’t be done this year.”
Belichick has been the Patriots coach since 2000 and is 64 years old, but doesn’t sound like he’s in any rush to call it quits.
“I don’t really see it as work,” he said this week. “It’s actually beach working. You get to do what you love to do dealing with a lot of great people. I have a great staff. Players work hard and are very cooperative and compliant. They have a great attitude about teamwork, playing unselfishly and working unselfishly.
“Really doesn’t feel like work. Try and give everyone the opportunity to do their job. We have a lot of people that do it very well. A great coaching staff and a great group of players. I have a lot of respect for all of them. I try and stay out of the way and let them do their job. They all do it pretty well.”
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Predicting New England Patriots' 2017 Starters After 1st Wave of Free...
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons