Falcons CB Robert Alford posts tweet celebrating intercepting Tom Brady in Super Bowl, but then deletes it
|02.09.17 at 10:40 am ET|
Atlanta cornerback Robert Alford picked Tom Brady off and returned it 82 yards for a pick-6, which gave the Falcons a 21-0 lead over the Patriots late in the second quarter.
It was a huge play in the game, but in the end it really didn’t matter because the Patriots came back from 25 points down to win the game, 34-28 in overtime.
Don’t tell that to Alford, who posted pictures of the play on Twitter Wednesday night with the caption: 2nd longest interception return of all time in Super Bowl history. Tom Brady’s first postseason interception for a TD in his career. #TAT
It was deleted shortly after it was posted, for obvious reasons, but thankfully a few screenshots captured the post.
— Jeff Rauseo (@Rauseo_Jeff) February 9, 2017
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...