Reports: Darrelle Revis involved in fight in Pittsburgh, may have knocked two men out cold
|02.16.17 at 6:51 pm ET|
Former Patriots cornerback Darrelle Revis may have lost a step for the Jets last season, but apparently he is still not to be messed with off the field.
According to Pittsburgh TV station WTAE, Revis is being investigated about weekend altercation and could face felony charges.
According to WTAE, a police officer saw Revis talking to two men on Pittsburgh’s trendy South Side. When the officer returned, the two men were unconscious.
One of them reportedly shot a cellphone video of the altercation, which Revis attempted to delete.
Revis’s attorney, Blaine Jones, told WTAE that Revis was a victim.
“Mr. Revis came home to Pittsburgh this past weekend to visit family and friends. During that time, Mr. Revis went by a location in the South Side that he is in the process of developing,” Jones said in the email. “Mr. Revis was physically assaulted while at that location by a group of at least five people. Mr. Revis feared for his safety and retreated from the aggressors.”
[UPDATE 7:30 p.m.]: Pittsburgh police have released a statement saying charges are pending against Revis. Those include: include robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault.
According to the statement, police found a 21-year old man and a 22-year old man unconscious around 2:40 a.m. last Sunday morning and after reviewing cellphone video police confirmed that Revis had an altercation with those men on the sidewalk. The police statement said those men remember encountering Revis and having a verbal argument but woke up after being punched.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract