Former Patriots CB Leonard Myers dies of cancer at age 38
|02.17.17 at 10:37 am ET|
Former Patriots cornerback Leonard Myers passed away at age 38 after a battle with cancer, according to the University of Miami.
Myers was drafted in the sixth round of the 2001 draft, the same year the Patriots won their first Super Bowl, but was inactive for the game. He may be most known for selling his Super Bowl ring on eBay for $32,600.
After three seasons with the Patriots, Myers spent time with the Saints, Jets and Lions, and then played in the Canadian Football League.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract