Former Patriots CB Leonard Myers dies of cancer at age 38
|02.17.17 at 10:37 am ET|
Former Patriots cornerback Leonard Myers passed away at age 38 after a battle with cancer, according to the University of Miami.
Myers was drafted in the sixth round of the 2001 draft, the same year the Patriots won their first Super Bowl, but was inactive for the game. He may be most known for selling his Super Bowl ring on eBay for $32,600.
After three seasons with the Patriots, Myers spent time with the Saints, Jets and Lions, and then played in the Canadian Football League.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text