Michael Floyd pleads guilty to extreme DUI, sentenced to 120 days in jail
|02.17.17 at 2:13 pm ET|
Michael Floyd was arrested for DUI in December after falling asleep at the wheel and on Friday he learned his punishment.
The wide receiver pleaded guilty to extreme DUI and has been sentenced to 120 days in jail. The other six charges against him were dropped.
Fox 10 reports 24 of the days will be served at Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and the other 96 will be home detention.
Floyd also has to do 40 hours of community service and was fined over $5,000.
The receiver was released by the Cardinals the week of the incident and was claimed off waivers by the Patriots the next day. He played in two regular season games with the team and the divisional round in the playoffs. He was inactive for the AFC title game and Super Bowl LI.
Floyd is currently a free agent, and for more on his future in New England click here.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Conor McDermott NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Seattle Seahawks'...
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season