Michael Floyd pleads guilty to extreme DUI, sentenced to 120 days in jail
|02.17.17 at 2:13 pm ET|
Michael Floyd was arrested for DUI in December after falling asleep at the wheel and on Friday he learned his punishment.
The wide receiver pleaded guilty to extreme DUI and has been sentenced to 120 days in jail. The other six charges against him were dropped.
Fox 10 reports 24 of the days will be served at Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and the other 96 will be home detention.
Floyd also has to do 40 hours of community service and was fined over $5,000.
The receiver was released by the Cardinals the week of the incident and was claimed off waivers by the Patriots the next day. He played in two regular season games with the team and the divisional round in the playoffs. He was inactive for the AFC title game and Super Bowl LI.
Floyd is currently a free agent, and for more on his future in New England click here.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract