Details of Stephon Gilmore’s contract with Patriots emerge
|03.09.17 at 4:11 pm ET|
The Patriots must really like Stephon Gilmore.
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Gilmore’s contract with the Patriots is for five years and $65 million with $40 million guaranteed.
This is a ton of money by Patriots standards.
He’s played his first five years in the league with the Bills after being the No. 10 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft out of South Carolina. In his career, Gilmore has 13 interceptions in 52 games.
Gilmore’s signing also is likely connected to Malcolm Butler and it’s worth wondering if Butler was seeking more than the $13 million per year Gilmore is getting.
The Patriots reportedly have been discussing an extension with Butler since last offseason, but haven’t been close to a deal.
For more on Butler’s future, click here.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...