Details of Stephon Gilmore’s contract with Patriots emerge
|03.09.17 at 4:11 pm ET|
The Patriots must really like Stephon Gilmore.
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Gilmore’s contract with the Patriots is for five years and $65 million with $40 million guaranteed.
This is a ton of money by Patriots standards.
He’s played his first five years in the league with the Bills after being the No. 10 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft out of South Carolina. In his career, Gilmore has 13 interceptions in 52 games.
Gilmore’s signing also is likely connected to Malcolm Butler and it’s worth wondering if Butler was seeking more than the $13 million per year Gilmore is getting.
The Patriots reportedly have been discussing an extension with Butler since last offseason, but haven’t been close to a deal.
For more on Butler’s future, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video