Brandin Cooks ‘can’t wait to get started’ working with Tom Brady, rest of Patriots
|03.13.17 at 8:24 pm ET|
Brandin Cooks had a pretty good quarterback in Drew Brees with the Saints, but now he has arguably the best to ever play the game in Tom Brady with the Patriots.
Cooks was traded to the Patriots on Friday night in exchange for the Patriots’ first-round pick. New England also gave up its third-round pick and got back New Orleans’ fourth-round pick.
“The opportunity to play for an organization like this is a dream come true and it’s a blessing,” Cooks said to Patriots.com on Monday. “I couldn’t be more thankful. To be able to play with someone that is going to be a Hall of Famer [Tom Brady], a guy who is so competitive, that is what you look forward to and I am just thankful for the opportunity and I can’t wait to get started.”
Cooks and the Saints went up against the Patriots in joint practices each of the last two years, so he had a good idea of what the Patriots franchise was like and is now glad to be part of it.
“This is a first-class place,” he said. “The type of place you would love to be apart of. When we practiced against them it was always competitive and this is the type of team you want to go against to better yourself, and to be on a team like this now, it’s amazing.”
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video