Brandin Cooks ‘can’t wait to get started’ working with Tom Brady, rest of Patriots
|03.13.17 at 8:24 pm ET|
Brandin Cooks had a pretty good quarterback in Drew Brees with the Saints, but now he has arguably the best to ever play the game in Tom Brady with the Patriots.
Cooks was traded to the Patriots on Friday night in exchange for the Patriots’ first-round pick. New England also gave up its third-round pick and got back New Orleans’ fourth-round pick.
“The opportunity to play for an organization like this is a dream come true and it’s a blessing,” Cooks said to Patriots.com on Monday. “I couldn’t be more thankful. To be able to play with someone that is going to be a Hall of Famer [Tom Brady], a guy who is so competitive, that is what you look forward to and I am just thankful for the opportunity and I can’t wait to get started.”
Cooks and the Saints went up against the Patriots in joint practices each of the last two years, so he had a good idea of what the Patriots franchise was like and is now glad to be part of it.
“This is a first-class place,” he said. “The type of place you would love to be apart of. When we practiced against them it was always competitive and this is the type of team you want to go against to better yourself, and to be on a team like this now, it’s amazing.”
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...