NFL confirms Tom Brady’s 2 stolen Super Bowl jerseys have been found
|03.20.17 at 9:50 am ET|
Not only was Tom Brady’s Super Bowl LI jersey found, but also his Super Bowl XLIX jersey.
Both were stolen after his last two Super Bowl wins by someone posing as an international media member, the NFL confirmed Monday morning.
The statement reads: Through the cooperation of the NFL and New England Patriots’ security teams, the FBI and other law enforcement authorities, the Super Bowl LI jersey worn last month by MVP Tom Brady has been recovered.
Also retrieved during the ongoing investigation was the jersey Brady wore in the Patriots’ victory in Super Bowl XLIX against the Seattle Seahawks in 2015. The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media. Due to the ongoing investigation, we would refer any additional questions to the FBI.
Brady took home MVP honors in both Super Bowls.
NFL security is extremely tight at Super Bowls, so it’s worth wondering how exactly the person was able to take Brady’s jersey from the locker room not only once, but twice.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...