NFL confirms Tom Brady’s 2 stolen Super Bowl jerseys have been found
|03.20.17 at 9:50 am ET|
Not only was Tom Brady’s Super Bowl LI jersey found, but also his Super Bowl XLIX jersey.
Both were stolen after his last two Super Bowl wins by someone posing as an international media member, the NFL confirmed Monday morning.
The statement reads: Through the cooperation of the NFL and New England Patriots’ security teams, the FBI and other law enforcement authorities, the Super Bowl LI jersey worn last month by MVP Tom Brady has been recovered.
Also retrieved during the ongoing investigation was the jersey Brady wore in the Patriots’ victory in Super Bowl XLIX against the Seattle Seahawks in 2015. The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media. Due to the ongoing investigation, we would refer any additional questions to the FBI.
Brady took home MVP honors in both Super Bowls.
NFL security is extremely tight at Super Bowls, so it’s worth wondering how exactly the person was able to take Brady’s jersey from the locker room not only once, but twice.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Predicting New England Patriots' 2017 Starters After 1st Wave of Free...
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons