Patriots release RB Tyler Gaffney who still has yet to record a NFL carry
|03.20.17 at 8:05 pm ET|
Running back Tyler Gaffney has been in the NFL for three seasons, but has yet to find a role for himself while battling injuries. In fact, he’s yet to get a carry in a regular-season game.
Gaffney’s career could now be with another team, as he was released by the Patriots on Monday.
After suffering a knee injury during training camp with Carolina in 2014, Gaffney was claimed off of waivers by the Patriots. He was then placed on season-ending injured reserve, and also spent the 2015 season on injured reserve.
Last year he suffered a foot injury in the final preseason game and was released when the team cut their roster down to 53 players. Gaffney was re-signed to the practice squad in October and spent a few weeks on the active roster, but didn’t appear in any games. He signed a futures contract after the Super Bowl.
With Gaffney now out of the picture, the Patriots have Dion Lewis, James White, D.J. Foster and Rex Burkhead on the depth chart.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Predicting New England Patriots' 2017 Starters After 1st Wave of Free...
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons