Patriots release RB Tyler Gaffney who still has yet to record a NFL carry
|03.20.17 at 8:05 pm ET|
Running back Tyler Gaffney has been in the NFL for three seasons, but has yet to find a role for himself while battling injuries. In fact, he’s yet to get a carry in a regular-season game.
Gaffney’s career could now be with another team, as he was released by the Patriots on Monday.
After suffering a knee injury during training camp with Carolina in 2014, Gaffney was claimed off of waivers by the Patriots. He was then placed on season-ending injured reserve, and also spent the 2015 season on injured reserve.
Last year he suffered a foot injury in the final preseason game and was released when the team cut their roster down to 53 players. Gaffney was re-signed to the practice squad in October and spent a few weeks on the active roster, but didn’t appear in any games. He signed a futures contract after the Super Bowl.
With Gaffney now out of the picture, the Patriots have Dion Lewis, James White, D.J. Foster and Rex Burkhead on the depth chart.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...