Tom Brady vows to turn stolen jerseys into something positive once getting them back
|03.20.17 at 5:04 pm ET|
Tom Brady is hoping to turn a negative into a positive.
On Monday, it was learned with the help of the FBI, Brady’s stolen jerseys from Super Bowl XLIX and LI were found in Mexico.
According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, the alleged thief is Mauricio Ortega, a former Mexican newspaper executive, who pretended to cover the games and then stole the jerseys in the locker room afterwards.
A video of Ortega walking out of the Patriots locker room was also surfaced on Monday.
Courtesy of NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo, Brady released a statement though his agent Don Yee.
“I am happy my jerseys from SB 49 and 51 have been recovered, and I want to thank all of the law enforcement agencies involved,” the statement read. “I know they worked hard on this case — and it is very much appreciated. Hopefully when I get the jerseys back I can make something very positive come from this experience.”
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...