Tom Brady vows to turn stolen jerseys into something positive once getting them back
|03.20.17 at 5:04 pm ET|
Tom Brady is hoping to turn a negative into a positive.
On Monday, it was learned with the help of the FBI, Brady’s stolen jerseys from Super Bowl XLIX and LI were found in Mexico.
According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, the alleged thief is Mauricio Ortega, a former Mexican newspaper executive, who pretended to cover the games and then stole the jerseys in the locker room afterwards.
A video of Ortega walking out of the Patriots locker room was also surfaced on Monday.
Courtesy of NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo, Brady released a statement though his agent Don Yee.
“I am happy my jerseys from SB 49 and 51 have been recovered, and I want to thank all of the law enforcement agencies involved,” the statement read. “I know they worked hard on this case — and it is very much appreciated. Hopefully when I get the jerseys back I can make something very positive come from this experience.”
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Predicting New England Patriots' 2017 Starters After 1st Wave of Free...
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons