Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison, dead at age 27
|04.19.17 at 6:39 am ET|
Aaron Hernandez committed suicide in prison early Wednesday morning, the the Department of Correction confirmed.
According to the Department of Correction, Hernandez was discovered hanging in his cell at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, Massachusetts at approximately 3:05 a.m.
“Mr. Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population unit,” the statement read. “Mr. Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window. Mr. Hernandez also attempted to block his door from the inside by jamming the door with various items.”
He was transported to UMass Leominster Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m. Wednesday morning.
This comes five days after he was acquitted of a double-murder outside a Boston night club in 2012. He was serving a life without parole sentence for murdering Odin Lloyd in 2013.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...