Aaron Hernandez defense team to conduct own investigation on former TE’s death
|04.19.17 at 11:39 am ET|
Aaron Hernandez’s defense team is speaking following his suicide early Wednesday morning.
“The family and legal team is shocked and surprised at the news of Aaron’s death,” Hernandez’s defense lawyer, Jose Baez said in a statement Wednesday morning. “There were no conversations or correspondence from Aaron to his family or legal team that would have indicated anything like this was possible. Aaron was looking forward to an opportunity for a second chance to prove his innocence. Those who love and care about him are heartbroken and determined to find the truth surrounding his untimely death. We request that authorities conduct a transparent and thorough investigation.”
It added: “The Baez Law Firm will participate in its own examination into this tragic event and update the media and public on its findings when they become available.”
This comes after Hernandez’s former agent Brian Murphy said there’s no chance he committed suicide.
“Absolutely no chance he took his own life,” Brian Murphy tweeted. “Chico was not a saint, but my family and I loved him and he would never take his own life.”
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...