Aaron Hernandez death officially ruled suicide, notes found in cell reportedly to fiancée, daughter
|04.20.17 at 4:42 pm ET|
According to the Worcester DA, Aaron Hernandez’s death officially is a suicide.
Per a release Thursday afternoon, Hernandez was locked in his cell at 8 p.m. Tuesday night and no one entered the cell until a correctional officer observed him at 3:03 a.m. and forced his way into cell as the door was blocked with cardboard jammed into the track.
Upon entry investigators found three hand-written notes next to a bible. There was no sign of a struggle and Hernandez was the only person in the cell.
Hernandez’s brain will now be released to BU’s CTE center for investigation, per a family request.
According to Chris Villani of the Boston Herald, the notes were letters to his daughter and fiancée, saying he loved them and would see them in heaven.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...