Tom Brady named to Time’s list of ‘100 most influential people’
|04.20.17 at 12:53 pm ET|
Tom Brady is on the receiving end of another accolade.
Time released its annual list of the 100 most influential people Thursday, and Brady is one of six athletes to make the cut. He joins LeBron James, Colin Kaepernick, Olympic gymnast Simone Biles, FC Barcelona soccer star Neymar, and UFC fighter Conor McGregor. Cubs president and former Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein is on the list as well.
Kaepernick is perhaps the most controversial selection, considering he was chosen solely for his social activism. Jim Harbaugh wrote Kaepernick’s forward, praising the quarterback for his national anthem protest.
Brady’s introduction, meanwhile, is penned by comedian Conan O’Brien –– and it’s terrible. O’Brien, a Harvard graduate who once wrote for “Saturday Night Live,” writes a lame quip about how a sports fan in a Dorchester bar is stumped when he’s asked which NFL quarterback “has the most Super Bowl wins, touchdowns, appearances and passing yards, plus the most overall victories in NFL history, plus a Brazilian supermodel wife?”
Instead of giving an answer, he calls the person who asked the question a “Chowderhead.” How Boston!
While the article isn’t worth reading, it’s a nice honor for Brady nonetheless. In the “Titans” section, he’s listed alongside dignitaries such as Washington Post owner and Amazon founder Jeff Bezos as well as Rebekah Mercer, the daughter of Donald Trump’s biggest financial backer, mysterious hedge-fund tycoon Robert Mercer.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...