|Report: Aaron Hernandez rips Robert Kraft in letter from jail||02.01.16 at 9:16 am ET|
Aaron Hernandez might be in prison for the rest of his life, but he continues to haunt the Patriots.
In the latest embarrassment for the team, the former tight end apparently had some harsh words for owner Robert Kraft while professing his love for many of the players, including Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski.
The website TMZ Sports viewed the contents of a Dec. 10 letter it claims has been verified to be from the convicted murderer. The letter was sent to a woman with whom Hernandez had exchanged previous correspondence. Hernandez, angry that the woman criticized him in her last letter, tells her should kill herself — and offers suggestions how to do exactly that.
He then says he has a television in his cell and, yes, I still root for my squad and still love all the ones I loved. The closest I was with was probably Brady and whom I love to death and always will and only hope the best for them. But was cool with Julez, Branch (I [expletive] with and got mad love for) and “the BEST TE ever to walk on a football field” Gronk!
Adds Hernandez: I watch every game faithfully cheering them on and always will cuz I have love for so many of them!
As for Kraft, Hernandez refers to him as the fake ass non loyal Kraft who told me he loved me every time he seen me but obviously shows his word ain’t [expletive].
Hernandez ends his letter with large, all-capitalized, “[Expletive] THE WORLD!”
|Jonathan Kraft on Pats’ $19.3 million in dead cap space: ‘Things happen that are out of your control’||10.29.15 at 8:34 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots president Jonathan Kraft has always kept close tabs on every aspect of the organization, especially the financial details.
On Thursday night, speaking on the team’s pregame radio show, Kraft defended the team’s reported $19.3 million in dead cap space, an ESPN report that placed the team among the NFL’s top 10 in that category.
Kraft pointed to the money the Patriots had to eat as part of not picking up the $20 million option on Darrelle Revis and the money left on the seven-year, $39.5 million extension given to Aaron Hernandez in 2012. According to OverTheCap.com, Revis’ contract is still eating up $5 million, Logan Mankins has $4 million in dead space, Kyle Arrington accounts for $3.25 million and Bradley Fletcher (released earlier this month) stands at $1.256 million. Kraft also speculated that part of the $19.3 million could be still linked to Hernandez.
“I didn’t see the article,” Kraft said. “Clearly, some money is related to Darrelle. Probably some money related to Aaron Hernandez. You make a deal to give you the most flexibility. Sometimes you do a really good job and sometimes you don’t. Sometimes, things happen that are out of your control.”
As for next Tuesday’s trade deadline, Kraft said he was not aware of anything imminent.
“Anything can happen,” Kraft said. “Conversations that happen all the time. There are some positions that lend itself to it and others that don’t. It’s very hard to trade for a guy and because of schemes and terminology .. Maybe a running back with a handful plays or for maybe a really good cornerback. It’s really hard to do. When the season starts, you’re on the treadmill. I remember a conversation with [backup quarterback] Ryan Lindley when I saw him this summer in the hallway and he told me, ‘I’m drinking from a firehose.'”
|Aaron Hernandez double-murder trial postponed to Jan. 19||10.14.15 at 12:39 pm ET|
According to multiple reports, the prosecution is trying to obtain evidence held by a law firm that previously represented the former Patriots star, apparently related to his cellphone. Judge Jeffrey Locke emerged from Tuesday’s closed-door hearing and would not address the specifics of the evidence, only saying that it related to a defendant’s right to seek confidential legal advice and services.
Locke said he expects to issue a decision on the prosecution’s request for the evidence in the next two weeks. One of Hernandez’s attorneys told the judge that no matter which way he rules, the defense likely will appeal the ruling to the Supreme Judicial Court, which could delay the trial’s start even further.
Hernandez was convicted earlier this year in the 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd and is serving a life sentence for that crime. He has pleaded not guilty to fatally shooting Safiro Furtado and Daniel de Abreu after an incident at a Boston nightclub in July 2012.
|Aaron Hernandez’s lawyers seek to have search warrant tossed||10.07.15 at 11:46 am ET|
Lawyers for convicted murderer Aaron Hernandez requested Tuesday that a judge invalidate a search warrant related to a 2012 double murder in Boston for which Hernandez also stands accused.
Connecticut police used the search warrant to seize a Toyota 4Runner prosecutors say Hernandez was driving when he shot Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado after an incident at a Boston nightclub. Hernandez’s lawyers say police relied on information from Carlos Ortiz — who allegedly was in the car with Hernandez — in order to obtain the search warrant, but they neglected to include the fact that Ortiz failed a lie detector test.
The vehicle was discovered at the home of Hernandez’s uncle in Bristol, Connecticut, while police were investigating Hernandez’s involvement in the murder of Odin Lloyd.
Hernandez’s attorneys also requested dismissal of a charge of witness intimidation — when Hernandez allegedly shot Alexander Bradley in the face in Florida and left him for dead.
The judge did not immediately rule on either request.
Jury selection in the trial is scheduled to start Dec. 1.
DraftKings has your shot to play for FREE in the $1 Million Fantasy Football Contest THIS SUNDAY! First place takes home $100,000! FOR FREE ENTRY, CLICK HERE.
|Bill Belichick recalls moment when he realized Rob Gronkowski could be much more to Pats offense||09.23.15 at 11:10 am ET|
FOXBORO — Bill Belichick remembers the game like it was yesterday. The 2010 preseason opener against Drew Brees and the defending Super Bowl champs at Gillette Stadium. It was Aug. 12, 2010, and it was the debut of a pair of tight ends by the name of Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. Hernandez caught one ball for six yards. Gronkowski didn’t even go out for a pass.
One was considered a receiving threat and the other was, well just an offensive afterthought.
Hernandez was the talented tight end out of Florida that could run routes as a wide receiver. Gronkowski was the 6-foot-6, 265-pound tight end out of Arizona with back issues that the Patriots thought could be a force on the line of scrimmage.
But after the way Belichick and then-offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien watch Gronkowski go about his job, and the receiving experience he showed on film at Arizona, Belichick thought about a change.
“Even that first year he was here, in the first preseason game, I don’t even think he went out for a pass,” Belichick recalled Wednesday. “He was in protection. We were in what we call ’15-80′ protection with the tight ends in. We were in those protections a lot when he was in the game. We were sending Aaron [Hernandez] out [on receiving routes], that type of thing. He did that to the best of his ability. He did it well and the mistakes he made he learned from and all that. Then the next week, Billy and I talked about it, we’re like, ‘Look, we’ve got to get this guy in the passing game. He’s more than a tackle. We’ve got to get him out there.’ We put emphasis on that and he did that.”
|Judge authorizes sale of Aaron Hernandez’s home||08.14.15 at 8:41 am ET|
A Massachusetts judge has ruled that the $1.3 million North Attleboro home and 2005 Hummer owned by former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez can be sold as part of a lawsuit filed over the death of Odin Lloyd, whom Hernandez is convicted of killing.
The sale of the 7,100-square-foot home and SUV was authorized on Thursday by judge Richard Moses, who later will enter an order clarifying what will happen to the sale proceeds.
Hernandez was arrested in 2013 for and convicted in April of Lloyd’s murder. He was sentenced to life in prison. Lloyd’s mother, Ursula Ward, has filed a wrongful death suit against Hernandez.
Hernandez also is facing trial for the 2012 slayings of two men in Boston, a crime to which he has pleaded not guilty.
|Judge rejects Aaron Hernandez move to overturn murder conviction||07.01.15 at 2:14 pm ET|
Judge Susan A. Garsh, who oversaw Aaron Hernandez‘s trial for the murder of Odin Lloyd, refused a motion to toss the ex-Patriot’s first-degree murder conviction or at least reduce it to second-degree murder on Wednesday.
Hernandez’s defense lawyers asked the court to “invalidate the jury’s verdict and find Hernandez not guilty on the murder charge and one of the gun charges,” according to the Hartford Courant.
Garsh, in refuting the motions, which was a procedural step that needed to be taken before an appeal, wrote in a ruling that “considering the evidence in the light most favorable to the Commonwealth, the court finds that a rational jury could find that the Commonwealth proved every essential element of the crimes charged in counts 1 and 2 beyond a reasonable doubt.”
Hernandez was convicted in April of first-degree murder, which holds an automatic life sentence without parole.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl