|Ex-BC star and current Colts defensive back Jamie Silva set to return to New England this weekend for his annual football camp||06.22.11 at 11:11 pm ET|
Football worlds will be colliding this weekend in Rhode Island.
Jamie Silva has seen both sides of the Colts-Patriots rivalry. The defensive back, a New England native who played at Boston College, was signed by Indy as a free agent in 2008 and has two seasons on the Colts roster as a defensive back and special teamer. (He tore his right ACL in a preseason game last August and was sidelined for the entire 2010 season.)
So when he comes home to Rhode Island this weekend for the second annual Jamie Silva Football Camp ‘ set for Saturday and Sunday at Pierce Field in East Providence (click here for more information) ‘ he knows he’s going to hear it from at least a few folks.
‘It’s funny … I think the kids kind of just enjoy the fact that they’re there hanging out and getting taught by NFL players. But some of the parents gave me grief last year,’ he said with a chuckle.
Silva is used to it by now. After three years in Indianapolis, the Rhode Island native established his bonafides within the Colts’ system, having played in 25 games in two seasons of action. (Indianapolis special teams co-captain Melvin Bullitt said Silva deserved to be special teams captain last season before his injury.) In Indianapolis’ Super Bowl run in 2009, he played in 14 of the Colts’ regular-season games and all three of their playoff games, including the Super Bowl. In addition, his 15 special-teams tackles in the regular season were second on the team.
‘He’s a guy who certainly has a lot of spirit, runs around and makes a lot of plays for us,’ Colts coach Jim Caldwell told reporters last August after Silva went down with his knee injury. ‘He’s a quality guy and helped us in a number of different areas.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Predicting New England Patriots' 2017 Starters After 1st Wave of Free...
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons