|Vince Wilfork first-team AP All-Pro, Logan Mankins second-team, Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski snubbed||01.12.13 at 1:06 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Another dominating season along the Patriots’ defensive line has earned Vince Wilfork first-team Associated Press All-Pro honors.
Starting left guard Logan Mankins was named to the second team despite missing six games due to hip and ankle injuries. The results from a panel of 50 voters was announced Saturday morning.
Despite another Pro Bowl season, quarterback Tom Brady, with three votes, did not make either first or second team, beaten out by first-teamer Peyton Manning (43 votes) and Aaron Rodgers (four votes). Brady missed the second team by one vote after throwing for 4,827 yards and 34 touchdowns and eight interceptions while completing 63 percent of his passes.
This is the first time Wilfork has been voted to the first team, after being named to the second team in 2007, 2010 and 2011. The perennial Pro Bowl nose tackle finished the season with three sacks, 29 tackles and four fumble recoveries.
Rob Gronkowski finished third among tight ends, behind Atlanta’s Tony Gonzalez and the Cowboys’ Jason Witten.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Early Predictions for Pats Camp Battles
- Grading Patriots' Most Improved Positional Units
- Patriots Players Poised for a Breakout Campaign
- NFLPA Asks Goodell to Recuse Himself from Appeal
- Patriots Won't Appeal Team Penalties
- Who'll Win Patriots' Guard Battles?
- Bringing Back Spikes Gives Pats Needed LB Depth