|NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: UConn CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson||02.21.13 at 9:40 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 190 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-Big East second team, UConn team MVP
What he brings: Wreh-Wilson’s height and his long arms, which enable him to swat passes away, often are mentioned among his best attributes. He was a captain for UConn in both his junior and senior year, and scouts have praised his short-area quickness, although his overall speed may be a concern. He did lose five games of the 2011 season to a knee injury, and some observers have raised concerns about his durability. NFLDraftScout.com’s Dane Brugler says he thinks Wreh-Wilson may not be able to handle playing man coverage at the NFL level, citing concerns about his recovery speed and flexibility.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: Wreh-Wilson had 46 tackles, one interception and nine passes defended in 2012. ESPN ranks him second among all cornerbacks available in the draft, behind only Alabama’s Dee Milliner. … His name is pronounced bleed-ee ray-wilson.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Jason Vega Speaks With the Pulpit
- Rob Gronkowski Undergoes Successful Forearm Surgery
- Patriots Sign WR Mark Harrison, K David Ruffer; Fill Roster
- Brandon Spikes Absent From Patriots OTAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/20/13 - Brady Better Than Ever; OTAs Begin
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...