|NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: UConn CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson||02.21.13 at 9:40 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 190 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-Big East second team, UConn team MVP
What he brings: Wreh-Wilson’s height and his long arms, which enable him to swat passes away, often are mentioned among his best attributes. He was a captain for UConn in both his junior and senior year, and scouts have praised his short-area quickness, although his overall speed may be a concern. He did lose five games of the 2011 season to a knee injury, and some observers have raised concerns about his durability. NFLDraftScout.com’s Dane Brugler says he thinks Wreh-Wilson may not be able to handle playing man coverage at the NFL level, citing concerns about his recovery speed and flexibility.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: Wreh-Wilson had 46 tackles, one interception and nine passes defended in 2012. ESPN ranks him second among all cornerbacks available in the draft, behind only Alabama’s Dee Milliner. … His name is pronounced bleed-ee ray-wilson.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...