|Poll: How much do reports of Gronk’s broken arm change Pats’ expectations?||11.18.12 at 9:39 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Gronkowski left Sunday’s game late in the fourth quarter and went to get X-rays on his forearm, which is broken, according to a report by CSNNE’s Tom Curran. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Gronkowski suffered the injury on the Patriots’ eighth and final extra point of the game late in the fourth quarter.
The news is potentially devastating, especially in light of the fact that Gronkowski set an NFL record Sunday for most consecutive seasons with at least 10 touchdowns by a tight end. He was not available during the media availability postgame and did not speak with reporters.
Gronkowski finished with seven catches on seven targets, 137 yards receiving and two touchdowns. His final catch of the day came on the Patriots’ next-to-last scoring drive, an 11-yard catch on third-and-8 to the Patriots’ 33. He was tackled by Antoine Bethea.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Conor McDermott NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Seattle Seahawks'...
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season