|Poll: How much do reports of Gronk’s broken arm change Pats’ expectations?||11.18.12 at 9:39 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Gronkowski left Sunday’s game late in the fourth quarter and went to get X-rays on his forearm, which is broken, according to a report by CSNNE’s Tom Curran. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Gronkowski suffered the injury on the Patriots’ eighth and final extra point of the game late in the fourth quarter.
The news is potentially devastating, especially in light of the fact that Gronkowski set an NFL record Sunday for most consecutive seasons with at least 10 touchdowns by a tight end. He was not available during the media availability postgame and did not speak with reporters.
Gronkowski finished with seven catches on seven targets, 137 yards receiving and two touchdowns. His final catch of the day came on the Patriots’ next-to-last scoring drive, an 11-yard catch on third-and-8 to the Patriots’ 33. He was tackled by Antoine Bethea.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Jason Vega Speaks With the Pulpit
- Rob Gronkowski Undergoes Successful Forearm Surgery
- Patriots Sign WR Mark Harrison, K David Ruffer; Fill Roster
- Brandon Spikes Absent From Patriots OTAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/20/13 - Brady Better Than Ever; OTAs Begin
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...