|Poll: How much do reports of Gronk’s broken arm change Pats’ expectations?||11.18.12 at 9:39 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Gronkowski left Sunday’s game late in the fourth quarter and went to get X-rays on his forearm, which is broken, according to a report by CSNNE’s Tom Curran. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Gronkowski suffered the injury on the Patriots’ eighth and final extra point of the game late in the fourth quarter.
The news is potentially devastating, especially in light of the fact that Gronkowski set an NFL record Sunday for most consecutive seasons with at least 10 touchdowns by a tight end. He was not available during the media availability postgame and did not speak with reporters.
Gronkowski finished with seven catches on seven targets, 137 yards receiving and two touchdowns. His final catch of the day came on the Patriots’ next-to-last scoring drive, an 11-yard catch on third-and-8 to the Patriots’ 33. He was tackled by Antoine Bethea.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video