|Poll: How much do reports of Gronk’s broken arm change Pats’ expectations?||11.18.12 at 9:39 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Gronkowski left Sunday’s game late in the fourth quarter and went to get X-rays on his forearm, which is broken, according to a report by CSNNE’s Tom Curran. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Gronkowski suffered the injury on the Patriots’ eighth and final extra point of the game late in the fourth quarter.
The news is potentially devastating, especially in light of the fact that Gronkowski set an NFL record Sunday for most consecutive seasons with at least 10 touchdowns by a tight end. He was not available during the media availability postgame and did not speak with reporters.
Gronkowski finished with seven catches on seven targets, 137 yards receiving and two touchdowns. His final catch of the day came on the Patriots’ next-to-last scoring drive, an 11-yard catch on third-and-8 to the Patriots’ 33. He was tackled by Antoine Bethea.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick