|Dan Fouts: Tom Brady gets special treatment from refs||01.15.13 at 12:07 am ET|
Speaking on an episode of “NFL Monday QB” on CBS Sports Network, former Chargers quarterback Dan Fouts took a veiled shot at Tom Brady, hinting the Patriots quarterback gets special treatment from officials.
“Tom Brady has to be protected to be effective,” said Fouts, who has become an NFL analyst for CBS Sports. “He’s protected better than anybody — not only by his offensive line, but sometimes, by those guys in the striped shirts.”
Brady and the Patriots are preparing to face the Ravens in the AFC championship game, set for Sunday at 6:30 p.m. at Gillette Stadium. On the same show, former NFL quarterback Steve Beuerlein also chimed in on Brady and what Baltimore has to do slow him down.
“If you’re the Baltimore Ravens, you have to get Tom Brady’s uniform dirty,” he said. “If you don’t get him on the ground, if you don’t get him beat up and thinking about the pass rush, moving around the pocket and get him off his spot, you do not have a chance. If he has a clean uniform at the end of the game, that is not a good sign for [the Ravens].”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return