|Dan Fouts: Tom Brady gets special treatment from refs||01.15.13 at 12:07 am ET|
Speaking on an episode of “NFL Monday QB” on CBS Sports Network, former Chargers quarterback Dan Fouts took a veiled shot at Tom Brady, hinting the Patriots quarterback gets special treatment from officials.
“Tom Brady has to be protected to be effective,” said Fouts, who has become an NFL analyst for CBS Sports. “He’s protected better than anybody — not only by his offensive line, but sometimes, by those guys in the striped shirts.”
Brady and the Patriots are preparing to face the Ravens in the AFC championship game, set for Sunday at 6:30 p.m. at Gillette Stadium. On the same show, former NFL quarterback Steve Beuerlein also chimed in on Brady and what Baltimore has to do slow him down.
“If you’re the Baltimore Ravens, you have to get Tom Brady’s uniform dirty,” he said. “If you don’t get him on the ground, if you don’t get him beat up and thinking about the pass rush, moving around the pocket and get him off his spot, you do not have a chance. If he has a clean uniform at the end of the game, that is not a good sign for [the Ravens].”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction