|Dan Fouts: Tom Brady gets special treatment from refs||01.15.13 at 12:07 am ET|
Speaking on an episode of “NFL Monday QB” on CBS Sports Network, former Chargers quarterback Dan Fouts took a veiled shot at Tom Brady, hinting the Patriots quarterback gets special treatment from officials.
“Tom Brady has to be protected to be effective,” said Fouts, who has become an NFL analyst for CBS Sports. “He’s protected better than anybody — not only by his offensive line, but sometimes, by those guys in the striped shirts.”
Brady and the Patriots are preparing to face the Ravens in the AFC championship game, set for Sunday at 6:30 p.m. at Gillette Stadium. On the same show, former NFL quarterback Steve Beuerlein also chimed in on Brady and what Baltimore has to do slow him down.
“If you’re the Baltimore Ravens, you have to get Tom Brady’s uniform dirty,” he said. “If you don’t get him on the ground, if you don’t get him beat up and thinking about the pass rush, moving around the pocket and get him off his spot, you do not have a chance. If he has a clean uniform at the end of the game, that is not a good sign for [the Ravens].”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Sign Fourth Round Pick Josh Boyce
- Report: Patriots Restructure Julian Edelman's Contract
- New England Patriots Links 5/24/13 - Chandler Jones 'Ramping Up' for Year...
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs