|Anquan Boldin: This year will be different because ‘we’re gonna win’||01.16.13 at 3:18 pm ET|
Guarantees this time of year are not that uncommon, dating back to Joe Namath‘s famous prediction that the New York Jets would shock the football world and beat the heavily-favored Colts in Super Bowl III.
But whenever a Patriots’ opponent takes a similar stance it’s sure to find its way into the team’s locker room.
Earlier this week, it was Brendon Ayanbedejo ripping the Patriots’ no-huddle offense and lobbing insults referring to “Spygate” and the 18-1 season of 2007. He later apologized.
But that was a back-up linebacker who rarely sees the field. On Wednesday, starting wide receiver Anquan Boldin was reminded that this is a rematch of last year’s AFC championship in the very same venue that produced New England’s 23-20 win and ended the Ravens’ season in heartbreak.
On Wednesday, at the team’s practice facility in Owings Mills, Maryland, Boldin was asked why this year would be any different.
“[Because] we’ll make it different,” he replied.
“We’re gonna win,” he said without missing a beat.
There likely won’t be any apology coming from Boldin.
For more Patriots news, visit the team page at weei.com/patriots. WEEI 93.7FM will broadcast the AFC Championship game between the Patriots and Ravens on Sunday, January 20 at 6:30 p.m.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal