|John Fox: Dan Koppen ‘did a fantastic job’ for us this season||02.21.13 at 11:13 am ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Dan Koppen was one of the final cuts for the Patriots prior to the start of the 2012 season, but the veteran center quickly found a home in Denver. And when the Broncos lost starting center J.D. Walton early in the year to a broken ankle, Koppen stepping in and served as the starter for the rest of the season.
On Thursday morning at the scouting combine, Broncos coach John Fox said they were “fortunate” to find someone like Koppen, who helped stabilize the Denver offensive line and provide a spark for a late-season run.
“We were really fortunate. I thought our personnel department did a terrific job,” Fox said when asked about Koppen. “Dan Koppen stepped right in like nothing ever happened, and he was a big reason we were able to go on that run. You have a guy waiting in the wings when J.D. got hurt, and we really didn’t drop off a lot when he stepped in. He did a fantastic job, and he’s a guy I have a lot of respect for.”
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick