|Bill Belichick returns the favor to Doc Rivers: ‘I have a lot of respect for Doc’||12.12.12 at 5:16 pm ET|
On Wednesday, Belichick essentially said the pleasure was all his.
“It was great to have Doc here,” Belichick said. “I have a lot of respect for Doc and the program the Celtics run. I think he does a tremendous job coaching his team. I really admire the way his teams play, the way his players play. I think he has great leadership from a lot of those guys and has had it through the years. Certainly Kevin [Kevin Garnett] and Paul [Paul Pierce] and guys like that. We’ve learned a lot from watching them.”
Has Belichick ever sat in on pregame Celtics meetings like Rivers did on Monday?
“We talk. We exchange ideas,” Belichick said. “I’m certainly pulling for them and I know they’re pulling for us. We definitely have a rooting interest in it but beyond that, on a professional level, I think there’s certainly a lot that I’ve learned from watching Doc and the Celtics and the way they do a lot of things organizationally and his coaching style and some of the things he’s talked to me about the way he’s handled players and handled different situations and things like that. He’s talked to our team and said a lot of things that really made sense and really hit home. I’ve had an opportunity to talk to his guys a couple times. We have a good relationship. We’ve probably both learned from each other.”
In keeping with the light-hearted NBA theme toward the end of Belichick’s presser Wednesday, he was asked if it would be a good idea to just wave at the coach at the end of the game like they do in the NBA instead of a handshake? Read the rest of this entry »
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...