|Bill Belichick returns the favor to Doc Rivers: ‘I have a lot of respect for Doc’||12.12.12 at 5:16 pm ET|
On Wednesday, Belichick essentially said the pleasure was all his.
“It was great to have Doc here,” Belichick said. “I have a lot of respect for Doc and the program the Celtics run. I think he does a tremendous job coaching his team. I really admire the way his teams play, the way his players play. I think he has great leadership from a lot of those guys and has had it through the years. Certainly Kevin [Kevin Garnett] and Paul [Paul Pierce] and guys like that. We’ve learned a lot from watching them.”
Has Belichick ever sat in on pregame Celtics meetings like Rivers did on Monday?
“We talk. We exchange ideas,” Belichick said. “I’m certainly pulling for them and I know they’re pulling for us. We definitely have a rooting interest in it but beyond that, on a professional level, I think there’s certainly a lot that I’ve learned from watching Doc and the Celtics and the way they do a lot of things organizationally and his coaching style and some of the things he’s talked to me about the way he’s handled players and handled different situations and things like that. He’s talked to our team and said a lot of things that really made sense and really hit home. I’ve had an opportunity to talk to his guys a couple times. We have a good relationship. We’ve probably both learned from each other.”
In keeping with the light-hearted NBA theme toward the end of Belichick’s presser Wednesday, he was asked if it would be a good idea to just wave at the coach at the end of the game like they do in the NBA instead of a handshake? Read the rest of this entry »
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots