|Patriots add OL Mitch Petrus, make practice squad moves||11.13.12 at 7:22 pm ET|
The Patriots made a series of personnel moves on Tuesday, adding free agent offensive lineman Mitch Petrus, signing linebacker Jeff Tarpinian to the practice squad and releasing linebacker Jerrell Harris from the practice squad. Here’s a portion of the release from the Patriots on the series of moves:
Petrus, 25, is in his fourth NFL season. He played in six games for the New York Giants in 2012 before being released on Nov. 3. The 6-foot-3, 315-pounder, originally joined the Giants as a fifth-round draft pick (147th overall) out of Arkansas in 2010. Petrus has played in 23 NFL games with three starts at left guard in 2011.
Tarpinian, 25, was released by New England on Nov. 12. He made New England’s 53-man roster last season after joining the team as a rookie free agent out of Iowa. The 6-foot-3, 240-pounder played in seven games with one start in 2011 and finished with four defensive tackles and eight special teams tackles. He was placed on injured reserve with a head injury on Nov. 24, 2011. Tarpinian was released by the Patriots on Aug. 31 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 1. He was signed to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on Oct. 20 and played in the last three games, mainly on special teams.
Harris, 23, joined the New England practice squad on Nov. 6. He originally signed with the Atlanta Falcons as a rookie free agent out of Alabama on April 30. The 6-foot-3, 242-pounder was released by Atlanta at the end of training camp before joining the practice squad of Jacksonville on Sept. 26. He was released from the Jaguars’ practice squad on Oct. 25.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots